Licence to Operate a Material Hoist
This course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to operate a materials hoist (personnel are NOT allowed to travel in the hoist) on a construction site. This qualification is prescribed by the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work. The outcome is a WorkCover approved license and a Statement of Attainment.
This training program is delivered over two (2) days. The license will need to be renewed with WorkCover every five years.
Upon successful completion of all course assessments you will awarded a statement of attainment in:
- Statement of Attainment CPCCLHS3002A Licence to operate a materials hoist
- Nationally recognized WorkCover 60 day interim certificate
- Certificate of Competency will be issued by WorkCover within the 60 day period. (HM Ticket)
The unit of competency is nationally recognised and can only be delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that complies with the governing standards of quality control and quality training and assessment.
Assessment is based on competency i.e. ability to perform tasks to a required standard. Assessment is conducted through a combination of practical demonstration, class discussions, verbal questioning and written testing.
To be eligible to enrol in this training program, participants must be:
- over 18 years of age,
- able to read and write English suitable to understand the regulations and undertake the written test have a working knowledge of Maths and mathematic formulas.(Sample literacy and mathematics assessments are available)
- able to provide photo identification
- physically fit and not have any physical conditions that would preclude holding a drivers licence.
Note upon successful completion of the course the participant will need to pay the WorkCover certificate fee – $65.00 (subject to change) at an Australia Post “Photo point” shop. 100 points worth of identification is to be presented on application to Australia Post. We are prevented by law from managing this process
Any participant who is given a fail grade will be subjected to paying a re-assessment fee
To book a Material Hoist Course:
Simply call 1300 798 012 and we’ll connect you to the best crane training provider in your region.