Elevating Work Platform Refresher
This course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to plan, prepare and complete Elevating Work Platform work as prescribed by the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
On completion of this course participants will be able to conduct routine checks; plan work; check controls, operate and shut down elevated work platform.
For more experienced operators a refresher and assessment process is conducted within one (1) day. The license will need to be renewed with WorkCover every five years.
Upon successful completion of all course assessments you will awarded a statement of attainment in:
- Statement of Attainment TLILIC2005A Licence to operate a boom type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
- Nationally recognised WorkCover 60 day interim certificate
- Certificate of Competency will be issued by WorkCover within the 60 day period. (WP Ticket)
The unit of competency is nationally recognised and can only be delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that complies with the governing standards of quality control and quality training and assessment.
Assessment is based on competency i.e. ability to perform tasks to a required standard. Assessment is conducted through a combination of practical demonstration, class discussions, verbal questioning and written testing.
This course offers the information and skills you need to become an EWP operator.
It provides basic training in the safe operation of EWPs. It covers the following skills and knowledge:
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to elevating work platform operations
- Assess ground conditions to confirm that the site is suitable (e.g. firm, level and safe) to extend and travel the elevating work platform
- Complete the positioning, stabilising, set up of elevating work platforms, including the use of outriggers/stabilisers and packing
- Operate mobile elevating work platform using best mobile practice
- Use communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel
- Operate and control an elevating work platform including all functions to their maximum extension within the safe working (rated) capacity
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies , including hierarchy of control as applied to the positioning and safe operation of the elevating work platform (particular awareness of the risks associated with overhead powerlines/electrical cables, ground conditions, wind, pedestrians and tipping)
- Use and interpret manufacturer’s specifications and data
- Identify problems and equipment faults and where practicable demonstrate appropriate response procedures
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation of loads, to ensure that the elevating work platform is not overloaded
- Commonwealth, state or territory OH&S legislation, standards and codes of practice relevant to the full range of processes for conducting elevating work platform operations
- Ability to read and comprehend manufacturer’s instructions, procedures and safety signs
- Understanding of elevating work platform operations and operating techniques
- Emergency procedures and safety equipment, including the use of safety harness, energy absorber, lanyard and anchor points
- Understanding of organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures for conducting elevating work platform operations
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records and information, including the use of the service logbook
- Typical routine problems encountered in the process and with equipment and adjustments required for correction
To be eligible to enrol in this training program, participants must be:
- Over 18 years of age,
- Able to read and write English suitable to understand the regulations and undertake the written test. (Sample literacy assessments are available).
- Able to provide 100 points of identification, one being a current photo eg: Drivers Licence, Passport, ect
- Be physically fit and not have any physical conditions that would preclude holding a drivers licence
Our state of the art training centre is located at Banksmeadow (near the Airport).
To book an Elevating Work Platform Refresher Course:
Simply call 1300 798 012.