Licence to Perform Basic Rigging
This course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to plan, prepare & complete basic rigging work as prescribed by the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to prepare rigging equipment; erect steel and aluminium structures; use a safety harness correctly; plan and implement procedures to work safely at heights.
This training program is delivered over eight (7) consecutive days. The license will need to be renewed with WorkCover every five years.
Upon successful completion of all course assessments you will awarded a statement of attainment in:
- Statement of Attainment CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging basic level
- Nationally recognized WorkCover 60 day interim certificate
- Certificate of Competency will be issued by WorkCover within the 60 day period. (RB Ticket)
The unit of competency is nationally recognised and can only be delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that complies with the governing standards of quality control and quality training and assessment.
Assessment is based on competency i.e. ability to perform tasks to a required standard. Assessment is conducted through a combination of practical demonstration, class discussions, verbal questioning and written testing.
What is Rigging?
The use of mechanical load shifting equipment and associated gear to move, place or secure a load including plant, equipment or members of a building or structure and to ensure the stability of those members, and for the setting up and dismantling of cranes and hoists, other than the setting up of a crane or hoist which only requires the positioning of integral outriggers or stabilizers (this is the responsibility of the crane operator).
What types of work can you do with a rigging basic level licence?
- Movement of plant and equipment
- Steel erection
- Particular hoists operation
- Direct the placement of pre-cast concrete
- Install safety nets and static lines
- Set up mast climbers
- Perimeter safety screens and shutters
- Install cantilevered crane loading platforms
- Any work that can be performed by a dogger
- Erect a double barrow hoist
What types of rigging work are you not allowed to perform at a basic level?
- Use of equalising gear
- Supervise dual lifts (lifts made by directing 2 cranes to move a single load)
- Supervise the erection of tilt-slabs
- Erect a boatswains chair
- Supervise demolition rigging
To be eligible to enrol in this training program, participants must be:
- over 18 years of age,
- a holder of a Dogging certificate
- able to read and write English suitable to understand the regulations and undertake the written test have a working knowledge of Maths and mathematic formulas. (Sample literacy and mathematics assessments are available)
- able to provide photo identification
- physically fit and not have any physical conditions that would preclude holding a drivers licence.
How much is the course?
The full investment is $2500
Our state of the art training centre is located at Banksmeadow (near the Airport).
To book a Basic Rigging Course:
Simply call 1300 789 074.