Licence to Perform Advanced Rigging
This course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to plan, prepare & complete Advanced rigging work as prescribed by the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
On completion of this course participants will be able to rig gin poles and shear legs, flying foxes and cableways, guyed derricks and structures, suspended scaffolds and fabricated hung scaffolds, and perform intermediate and advanced rigging tasks.
This training program is delivered over five (5) consecutive days. The license will need to be renewed with WorkCover every five years.
Upon successful completion of all course assessments you will awarded a statement of attainment in:
- Statement of Attainment CPCCLRG4001A Licence to perform rigging advanced
- Nationally recognized WorkCover 60 day interim certificate
- Certificate of Competency will be issued by WorkCover within the 60 day period. (RB Ticket)
The unit of competency is nationally recognised and can only be delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that complies with the governing standards of quality control and quality training and assessment.
Assessment is based on competency i.e. ability to perform tasks to a required standard. Assessment is conducted through a combination of practical demonstration, class discussions, verbal questioning and written testing.
What is Rigging?
The use of mechanical load shifting equipment and associated gear to move, place or secure a load including plant, equipment or members of a building or structure and to ensure the stability of those members, and for the setting up and dismantling of cranes and hoists, other than the setting up of a crane or hoist which only requires the positioning of integral outriggers or stabilizers (this is the responsibility of the crane operator).
To be eligible to enrol in this training program, participants must be:
- over 18 years of age,
- a holder of an intermediate rigging ticket (RI)
- able to read and write English suitable to understand the regulations and undertake the written test have a working knowledge of Maths and mathematic formulas. (Sample literacy and mathematics assessments are available)
- able to provide photo identification
- physically fit and not have any physical conditions that would preclude holding a drivers licence.
This includes all texts and assessment material. (All prices are subject to change without notice.)
Note upon successful completion of the course the participant will need to pay the WorkCover certificate fee – $65.00 (subject to change) at an Australia Post “Photo point” shop. 100 points worth of identification is to be presented on application to Australia Post. We are prevented by law from managing this process.
Any participant who is given a fail grade will be subjected to pay a reassessment fee.
Our state of the art training centre is located at Banksmeadow (near the Airport).
To book a Basic Rigging Course:
Simply call 1300 789 074 for more information.